What’s an acceptable conversion rate for paid search? Organic search can accept a lower one I guess. I am a front end dev been tasked with trying to improve the conversion rate for a paid search on a site. Trying to navigate through google analytics at the moment what’s a good place to start?
If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day teach him how to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime, so here's the concept Step 1: Ask It’s impossible to solve a problem if you don’t know what it is.
- Define the problem you’re trying to solve.
- Make sure you fully understand the stakeholder’s expectations.
- Focus on the actual problem and avoid any distractions.
- Take a step back and see the whole situation in context.
- What metrics to measure.
- Obtain data.
- Use spreadsheet functions to clean data
- Removing repeated entries
- Checking as much as possible for bias in the data
- Perform calculations
- Combine data from multiple sources
- Create tables with your results
In your case, you need to install heatmap tool and check where and what most of the users do. If they scroll then what's the average, show a popup with some great offer if they their cursor moves kind of event specific response and you can start seeing conversion rate improving, never stop go for A/B testing try out different look and feel and element setup. This is how it works for Paid Ads and their landing pages. And that's why those pages are created separately.
Please login or Register to submit your answer